Job viewsIndustrial Design Manager - Full TimeAugust 21, 2015ProductCentral & Western AreaDegree
Design at Steelcase leverages user research and unique insights to develop and design compelling solutions, unlocking human promise wherever work happens. We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Design Manager who is passionate about furniture, technology and the future of work.
Based in our Hong Kong studio this position is part of our global, highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, responsible for innovation across multiple brands, our global portfolio and own showrooms. Hong Kong is our 3rd regional studio next to North America and Europe. This position reports to the Director Design Asia Pacific in Hong Kong.
Design thinking, understanding and articulating user insights, product conceptualization, fast iterative prototyping, 3D modeling and visualization, collaboration across time zones, internal and external concept presentations, leading projects and small teams to success, represent design in cross-functional teams, manage external resources.
Our ideal candidate will
- have a strong portfolio of smart, desirable and viable solutions, demonstrating a clear design process and different approaches to problem solving.
- be highly empathetic with proven ability to research design problems and present design direction in clear and compelling frameworks.
- have an intuitive sense of complex systems and an eye for detail while never loosing sight of the user experience.
- be a hands-on thinker as comfortable developing design direction as with building physical prototypes or telling compelling stories.
- have a proven track record of leading small teams and managing people.
- be very curious and constantly feeding their intellectual and visual curiosities.
- be comfortable expressing their point of view in a collaborative environment that fosters open, constructive criticism and dialogue.
- Bachelor degree or higher in industrial/product design or architecture.
- At least 8+ years hands on design experience in related discipline.
- Familiarity designing furniture and interiors not a must but an advantage.
- Experience and ability to work in all phases of product development.
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing and latest technologies.
- Experience leading small teams and managing other designer.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese or Cantonese (both a bonus).
- Hong Kong work Visa (existing or local resident).
- Willing to travel in the region and internationally.
We offer competitive remuneration package with comprehensive fringe benefits to the right candidate.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications please apply at Steelcase link with your resume and portfolio with current and expected salary
Personal information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Unsuccessful applications will be kept for a period not longer than six months
About Steelcase Inc.
Steelcase Hong Kong Ltd.
Steelcase, the world’s largest office furniture manufacturing, is in the business of transforming the ways people work – helping individuals and organizations to work more effectively than they ever thought they could.
Steelcase has a vital and growing presence in the Asia Pacific region, which is one of our leading growth regions in the world. With offices in 13 cities, dealers in 15 countries in the region, and manufacturing plants in China, Malaysia and India, Steelcase is always looking for staff in a range of disciplines, including management, sales, logistics, design and production.
You’ll be joining a company with a nearly one hundred year history, a worldwide network that includes 10,000 employees and 800+ dealer locations, a reputation for innovation, and a focus on creating inspiring work environments. Our careful plan for growth and expansion in the region, will continue to expand individual opportunities for personal growth and advancement in the future.
If you are proactive, innovative and result oriented person, we would like to invite you to apply with us in the following position.
Fortune named Steelcase one of the most admired companies in their 2015 survey.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.steelcase.com/discover/steelcase/careers/Posted: 2015/08/21 3:18 PM