Paperclip Design LimitedWebsite
Job viewsIndustrial Designer - Full TimeOctober 7, 2016ProductShatin AreaDegree
Based in Hong Kong, Paperclip Design is an award-winning industrial design studio. We are focused on aircraft interiors and seat design, with ambitions to venture into train, automotive and contract furniture industry. Our core value is innovation, simplicity and elegance, and we are known for our inventive, functional solutions for tight spaces.
As a startup, we have a flat corporate structure- each member of the team has great impact on the future direction of the company. If you are someone who is versatile, thinks outside the box and passionate about solving challenging problems, we want you to join us.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and building ideas of your own and of the team. You can individually inspire the team, lead projects and help build prototypes with our own equipment. You should be a team player with strong sense of responsibility, openness to feedback and willingness to make changes to a design. You should also be a quick learner and fluent in English to work with our international client base and diverse team members.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conceptualizing elegant design solutions that balance functionality with aesthetics
- Visualizing ideas with sketches, CAD, photo-realistic 3D renderings & simple animations
- Leading the team through structured processes & design thinking methodologies
- Setting-up the company’s templates for pitch documents, drawings, presentations, and contract deliverables
- Managing and juggling among multiple projects at the same time
- Presenting ideas internally & externally, as well as conducting client meetings
- Supporting the engineer to build mockups in a hands-on manner with refined techniques
As well as a variety of other tasks needed to support the growth of a startup.
- 3-5 years’ experience in industrial design (excluding internships)
- Proficient in at least 1 major CAD software, 1 major 3D rendering software, as well as graphics editor software like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and willingness to learn new software.
- A degree or diploma in related fields such as Art, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Multimedia or, alternatively, the ability to demonstrate such abilities through a strong portfolio
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel overseas
- 1-2 years’ international experience is a plus
- Flexible with working hours due to international client base
Please send your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted: 2016/10/07 6:58 PM