The New York Times - T Brand StudioWebsite
Job viewsDigital Designer - Full TimeFebruary 27, 2017Digital MediaNorthern NT AreaNot Specified
T Brand Studio is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content strategists, videographers, designers and developers creating branded content across all advertiser verticals of The New York Times’s U.S. and international editions. Our work spans a variety of forms — short- and long-form reported articles, documentary videos, interactive data visualizations, animations, VR and more — and ranges from unbranded to branded.
T Brand Studio International is looking for a Digital Designer to work in our Hong Kong office as part of our creative team. You will be working alongside our in-house international team of designers, developers and creative leads, helping to take projects from brief to completion. We’re looking for experienced designers that can contribute to concept discussions by bringing fresh ideas to the table, before creating designs that not only look great, but also address the challenges at hand.
- Design highly interactive, engaging digital experiences on the NYT platform
- Design on projects from start to finish and consulting with producers to understand client goals and establish comprehensive design briefs
- Develop information architecture proposals (wireframes, process-flows, site maps)
- Help to develop junior members, checking quality levels from the design team
- Collaborate and communicate across allied teams, including design, production, edit, video and audience development
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
- 3+ years experience in digital design, demonstrating a genuine passion for the field
- Lots of experience of agency life, working in fast-paced environments
- An impressive portfolio of past projects including editorial and data visualization
- Complete fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong skills in UI/UX, typography, information architecture and responsive design
- Experience in designing for multiple device types and responsive web solutions
- Excellent verbal / written skills, with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts effectively
- Appreciation of front-end development techniques and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Excellent organization of work and work assets, such as logical arrangement of layers in Photoshop documents and suitable commenting of CSS files
- Desire to constantly push skill set and apply cutting-edge techniques when appropriate
- Meticulous attention to detail
Please send your CV, covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com , along with the following
Posted: 2017/02/28 12:09 AM
- Examples of pieces that demonstrate your design ability specifically in the area of long-form online articles.
- Your salary expectations
- Your current notice period (if any)